July 5, 2022

 I didn't know that Tanabata festival is originating from the Chinese Qixi festival. I know that this festival celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively but I didn't know that story came from China. It says that "they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh" isn't that short? They have to extend the day. Otherwise what are they going to do in one day? I think it has to be 1 month visit. So that they can spend there time whatever they want.

When I was in elementary school in Tanabata we had a different school lunch. They had Tanabata jelly in dessert. It was very popular because we can only eat once a year. In high school we had a bamboo tree and we used to write our wish there. There were many funny wish like "I want 1 milion", "I want to get 100/100 in test". Someone wrote that they don7t want to come to school. But non of the wish came true. 

In my family we used to go to Sendai to watch Tanabata festival. In the street they have a big decoration and it was very beautiful. We stay there for one day and next day we go back to our house. It is short trip but we always had a great time. Beacuse of COVID-19 we can't go 2years and this year my parents are going to foreugn country so we can't go this year also. Maby next year we can go to Sendai to see Tanabata festival and have a great time.



Comments